Studying health and other science-related programs has become extremely popular among study abroad aspirants. The same can be attributed to the fact that the ongoing pandemic as well as the increasing awareness about health, individuals have become extremely receptive to the same. Thus, studying a course in this field holds immense prominence and significance in the years to come ahead. The primary factor for studying this course to enhance human health and promote efficiency.
Choosing a course
- Health and science courses in Australia ensure to provide immense importance to practical work and thus, encourage students to participate in fieldwork. Not just this, the well-guided and carefully laid out course curriculum also ensures that students are able to find their bearings in the course.
- Moreover, deserving students are given the opportunity to realise their potential with scholarship avenues that ensure that these candidates do not face any hindrance on their journey to study in Australia.
Students are given the opportunity to interact with the patients which enables them to judge their character in the field.
Taking into account that technology has increasingly had an impact on every facet of our life, it comes as no surprise that it has also managed to capture the health field. Several upcoming health and science courses in Australia now incorporate components of technology in their course framework to ensure that students are well-versed with the same. Moreover, taking into account the global pandemic, several upcoming courses in Australia also tap into the issue of public health and formulates solutions on how to mitigate the same.
Popular Health and Science Courses
- Complementary medicine
- Dental studies
- Medical radiations
- Optical dispensing
- Social work
- Sports science
- Workplace health and safety
Support offered by universities
Universities in Australia take a holistic look at health and ensure that it is catered to the all-round development of the student. The infrastructure provided at these universities is unparalleled to ensure that students get as close as an experience of being in the field itself. Universities in Australia are equipped with anatomy labs, nursing wards, nuclear medicine workstations and much more.
There is a growing demand for these professionals in Australia and thus, offers a plethora of opportunities to students. Furthermore, the same is projected to increase over the years. The strong industry links that universities in Australia possess ensures that students are able to realise their potential across the globe. These programs are developed in discussion with practising professionals. In some cases, many offer industry placements, student clinics and work experience in Australia and overseas too.
Top Universities offering these courses
- The University of Queensland: The University of Queensland is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight, and the international research-intensive universities network Universitas 21.
- University of South Australia: It is a founding member of the Australian Technology Network of universities and is the largest university in South Australia with approximately 32,000 students.
- University of Sydney: QS World Ranking places the University number one in Australia and fifth in the world for graduate employability. It is also third in Australia and 42nd in the world for the 2020 QS World Ranking.