Unsure about where to begin when looking to study abroad? Have a thousand questions running through your mind? Wondering how much education abroad costs? You will receive the answers to all these questions and more in this checklist.
You may have the answers to some of your questions already or maybe still looking for answers, nonetheless this study abroad checklist has you covered.
- The first step that you need to undertake is research. Apart from looking at study abroad destinations, also research universities abroad that offer your desired course of study.
- Once you have a basic idea ready, you can attain a basic framework of how much it will cost. In many cases, students are eligible for fee-waivers, scholarships, other forms of financial aid such as student loans as well.
- Ensure that your identification documentation such as passport and university admission tests are lined up. Some of these tests include the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GRE, GMAT, SAT and ACT to name a few.
- Once you have the above ready, you must commence your application procedure.
- Documents that you will need to get in order include CV, Personal Statement, Recommendation Letters, Transcripts and other supporting documents.
- Ensure that course credit transfer is possible and then you are on your way to making your application.
- After this, your waiting game begins since you will be awaiting a response from the university. A nerve-wracking process, it is best to stay calm and positive.
- Once you have received an offer letter from the university, accept the offer. This is when the financial planning of your overseas education commences.
- From preparing a detailed budget to making applications for student loans, scholarships and other means of financial aid, you have to do it all.
- Other factors that you will have to consider include, accommodation facilities and health insurance.
- Post catering to the above nuances, you will be required to make an application for your student visa. This stage also takes a significant amount of time and thus, ensure you have enough time in your hand to receive your student visa before the commencement of your course.
- When you get your student visa in hand, it is time to book your flight tickets. For the same purpose, ensure that you have your debit or credit ready for international transactions.
- It is best to have travel insurance too and as overseas education consultants, OPCS helps with this too.
- Whilst most study abroad programs are conducted in English, you will be at an advantage if you are aware of the local dialect and phrases.
- Familiarizing yourself with the local culture will enable you to seamlessly adjust to the new environment.
- Universities abroad are home to an array of social clubs and as an international student, you must take steps to participate in the same. Not only will this help ameliorate your communication skills, but also propel you to network.
Your overseas education experience is so much more than just “education”. Experience the surrounding, travel and enhance your prospects.
Attain further assistance for your overseas education dream with India’s Leading Overseas Education Consultants, OPCS.