If you are looking to study in USA in 2021 and need a step-by-step guide, look no further.
- To study in USA in September 2021, you need to commence the process one year in advance. Thus, ideally by August 2020, you should shortlist 10 universities that you are aiming to apply to. Undertake your research and look at their course requirements, deadlines and further details.
- Next, get your finances in order. Here look at scholarships to study in USA, bank loans and other funding options that are available at your disposal. Moreover, look at other details about your university such as the accommodation. This is the stage that you need to set your foundation in.
Appearing for Tests
- To study in USA, students are required to undertake some requisite tests. These include the likes of GRE/GMAT/SAT/TOEFL/IELTS depending on the course of application.
- Ideally, you should be taking the examinations in September. This allows you to have enough time in hand in case you need to appear for the exam again
- If you are looking to appear for the GMAT/GRE make registrations, three months prior moreover if you are looking to appear for the IELTS/TOEFL register a month before the exam date. Try getting done with the same by the year-end of 2020.
- From August to October 2020, you must decide on the universities you are looking to attend.
- Here you need to start getting your application documents ready, these include your SOP’s, LOR’s and essays. Put some time into the same and make sure these bring to light how you stand out from the rest.
- From Nov’20 to April’21 is when you should ideally start hearing back from universities.
- Be prompt in your replies and ensure that you address any concerns universities in USA may have.
- In some cases, students are required to appear for interviews, owing to the current situation at hand, these interviews are likely to be online through the means of video conferencing.
- Once you attain your acceptance letter from universities, it is time to make your decision. Take into account the deadline of the same when communicating to the university about your decision.
Visa and Financials
- If you are eligible for external scholarships to study in USA make an application for the same. If a student loan is the medium through which you will be funding your education, once you have received your acceptance letter you can make an application for the same.
- Begin making your application for a student visa. Considering the current scenario, the number of slots available is also limited. Ideally, you should be done with the same from May to Julyâ€™21.
- Taking the travel restrictions into account, one cannot predict what the future holds. However, as of now, India has a travel bubble with the USA and thus, students can travel to their universities in USA.
- Get your finances in order and apply for an international credit/debit card and ensure you have all your documents.
Get in touch with OverSeas Pathway Consultancy Services today to commence your study in USA application.