With Study Abroad gaining traction over the years, Canada has become a favored and preferred destination for international students.
Canada offers a wide range of well-rounded courses designed to prepare students for real-world applications of their skillsets. Hence students choose to study in Canada as it is a perfect blend of the theoretical and practical aspects of education.
Popular Courses at Universities in Canada
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Supply Chain Management
Getting ready to make your application
- A noteworthy factor of courses in Canada is its specialized nature. Thus, students have to be diligent when deciding the course.
- Students are advised to have their documentation in order to make the process seamless. Students looking to pursue a Bachelor’s program are required to submit their application through the OUAC application website.
- Major universities in Canada only accept applications if they come through the OUAC105 portal or the respective university website.
- Registering for the same is seamless, after making an account and filling in the personal details; students are required to apply for 2 to 3 different programs at similar or different universities. Other details that are required include academic, financial, entrance test and application documents.
- Students looking to pursue a Master’s or PG program can apply directly to the OUAC portal, which is different from the Bachelor’s course portal. Applications though accepted through the year have a deadline and students must keep that in mind. For Master’s programs the education requirement is 10+4 with a strong focus on academics rather than extracurricular activities.
Application Documentation for universities in Canada:
- Statement of Purpose.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL/PTE if available/required.
- Portfolio (in case of students applying for Art and Design courses & Architecture programs)
- Relevant Documentation
- KT or Backlog Certificate
- Others (certificates/achievements (related to the course) at the State and National Level and extra-curricular activities).
- Application deadlines are varying according to program and the University.
- Applying for Post Graduate Programs one can apply to numerous Universities. Some Universities have application fees for their courses but some may be waived off through Edwise.
- As Canada education consultants, we advise students that as most Universities in Canada have deadlines, students should apply at least 6/8 months in advance. However, admissions to courses are on a first come first serve basis or occupancy of designated seats.
- One of the most determining factors of a student’s study in Canada prospects is the financial aspects. Students must undertake thorough research on the tuition fee component and draw comparisons when selecting between multiple universities.
- Moreover, many universities in Canada also offer scholarship facilities to students which also need to be taken into consideration.
- As per visa guidelines, while applying for a Student Study Visa and Student Direct Scheme (SDS), students are required to pay course fees for 1 year along with a GIC of CAD 10,000 for living expenses.
- Apart from the academic requirements, which differ according to the course application, students are required to appear for English language proficiency exams.
- These include mainly IELTS. Thus, students must research the scores required for the specific course of application.
Assistance of Edwise
- As study in Canada consultants, we understand how daunting this process can be for you. Thus, our expert counsellors will walk you through the whole process and make your journey as easy as possible.
To start your study in Canada journey, get in touch with Overseas Pathway Consultancy Services today!